Environment in mind.
The quality choice in membrane composting
Your low-cost solution for process data documentation: the mobile BIODEGMA data-logging probe
On 07 January 2014 the Guidelines on Implementing the Revised Ordinance on Biowastes (BioAbfV 2012) were published, stipulating that all plant materials other than those generated in the primary agriculture and forestry sector, i.e. those generated in the food processing sector, co-operatives, landscape management, etc. must comply with waste management legislation and hence the Ordinance on Biowastes.
Furthermore, new hygienisation requirements and a standard delivery note system have been introduced. While in the past these requirements used to apply to biowaste composting only, they now extend to plant material composting and require plant operators to demonstrate compliance with the parameters set out in the Ordinance on Biowaste, including but not limited to providing evidence that effective material hygienisation procedures are in place.
This is to be documented by monitoring the temperature within the material being processed using non-invasive technologies for permanent automatic recording of measurement data.
This is where the mobile BIODEGMA data-logging probe comes into play.
The probe with built-in data-logger allows you to monitor process temperatures continually in the core of the compost heap. Measurement intervals at the reading points can be customised to suit any monitoring needs. The BIODEGMA data-logger comes with a software package allowing you to read out measurement data and create clearly structured charts and graphics.
Made from corrosion-resistant stainless steel, the fully sealed data-logging probe is designed to withstand aggressive composting environments. High-grade lithium batteries ensure extended periods of continued data-logger operation.
The mobile BIODEGMA data-logging probe is suitable for use with any biogenic waste and compatible with a wide range of existing systems, making it the perfect tool to complement your plant equipment.
Switch on - Position - Measure - Read out - Done
- Fully sealed mobile data-logging probe made from corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
- Built-in data-logger easily connects to your PC for data readout.
- The supplied software helps convert data recorded over a specific period of time into easy-to-read charts.
- Safety class: IP67
- Material: Stainless steel
- Protective tube 16x2mm
- Overall length: 1.5m (customisable)
- Sensor type: NiCr-Ni (K)
- Temperature range: -35°C to +80°C
- Data-logger resolution: 0.5°C
- Measurement accuracy: ± 0.5°C
- Memory capacity: up to 32,000 temperature measurements
- Recording intervals: 10 sec to 12 hrs
- LCD display / operating button
- Power supply: 3.6V lithium batteries (supplied with data-logger)
- Battery life: approx. 1-2 years